Firm says new merchandise will make thin-and-light laptops even higher.
Intel has two new merchandise in its lineup of eleventh Gen Intel Core processors: i7-1195G7 and i5-1155G7. The corporate additionally launched its first 5G product for PCs, the Intel 5G Answer 5000 and shared the information at Computex 2021.
“We have taken the world’s greatest processor for thin-and-light Home windows laptops and made the expertise even higher with the addition of our two new eleventh Gen Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics,” Chris Walker, Intel company vice chairman and common supervisor of Mobility Shopper Platforms, mentioned in a press launch. “As well as, we all know real-world efficiency and connectivity are very important to our companions and the those who depend on PCs on daily basis, so we’re persevering with that momentum with extra platform capabilities and selection available in the market with the launch of our first 5G product for PCs.”
This yr Computex will open on the final Monday in Might however as an alternative of lasting for every week, the present will run via the tip of June. The occasion can be absolutely digital and hosted on COMPUTEXVirtual. This yr’s theme is “Constructing International Expertise Ecosystems” and Arm CEO Simon Segars will give a keynote, “Sparking the World’s Put up-Pandemic Restoration.”
The laptops constructed with the eleventh Gen Intel Core processors embody these options:
- Ship as much as 5GHz in excessive quantity skinny and lightweight designs
- Provide as much as 25% total software efficiency benefit vs. competitors
- Speed up the variety of designs with Intel Wi-Fi 6/6E (Gig+)
- Allow ISV optimizations to ship as much as 8x quicker transcoding and as much as double the video enhancing velocity with AI acceleration
Greater than 60 designs primarily based on the Intel Core i7-1195G7 are anticipated by the tip of 2021, in accordance with the corporate.
The brand new 5G Answer is the corporate’s first 5G M.2 resolution with worldwide service certification. The brand new resolution supplies a major enhance in velocity over Inte’s Gigabit LTE resolution, in accordance with the corporate. The corporate additionally reported that it expects Acer, ASUS and HP to be the primary OEMs to incorporate the 5G resolution in eleventh Gen Intel Core U- and H-series.
The specs for the 5G Answer are:
- Modem: Applied sciences 5G NR/4G LTE/3G WCDMA
- Type issue and measurement: M.2, 30x52x2.3mm (single sided)
- Frequency bands: Sub 6GHz Vary (world protection)
- Information Throughput NR: 4.7Gbps DL, 1.25Gbps UL
- LTE: 1.6Gbps Cat 19 DL, 0.150Gbps UL
- eSIM: Construct-in eSIM
- Thermal Administration: DTT
- Geographical Protection: North America, EMEA, APAC, JPN, AUS (ATT, VZW, VDF, Telefonica, CMCC, Swisscom, DT, SFB, Docomo, Orange, Dash, CUC, CTC, Telstra, Optus, TMO, KDDI)
- Working Techniques: Home windows, Chrome, Linux
- Host Interface: PCIe (Gen 3)
- Working temperature: -10oC to +55oC
- Goal platforms: TGL, ADL